Friday, July 15, 2011

Simple Advice

The Lord's prophet on the Earth today, President Thomas S. Monson, is well known for offering simple, profound advice. When we follow the counsel of the living prophet, we are blessed with peace and happiness. Here is some of President Monson's advice for us:
May I leave with you today a simple yet far-reaching formula to guide you in the choices of life: Fill your minds with truth.
Fill your hearts with love.
Fill your lives with service.
Thomas S. Monson
We can never go wrong when we choose to follow the Savior.
Through the years, the offices I have occupied have been decorated with lovely paintings of peaceful and pastoral scenes. However, there is one picture which always hangs on the wall which I face when seated behind my desk. It is a constant reminder of Him whom I serve, for it is a picture of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. When confronted with a vexing problem or difficult decision, I always gaze at that picture of the Master and silently ask myself the question, 'What would He have me do?' No longer does indecision prevail. The way to go is clear, and the pathway before me beckons.
Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved.
Secure a temple recommend and regard it as a precious possession, for such it is.
We can lift ourselves and others as well when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude.
Decisions are constantly before us. To make them wisely, courage is needed—the courage to say no, the courage to say yes. Decisions do determine destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment