Thursday, January 24, 2013

Remember This!

I have a little ritual I go through every Monday night. Upon remembering I've forgotten to mail the letters I've written that day, I run down a flight of stairs and stash the enveloped notes vertically in the crevice between the door and door-frame. That way I remember to mail them early Tuesday morning.
A little trick helps me remember to mail my letters

This little exercise prevents me from experiencing that awkward moment where I find a finished letter in say, the glove box, that should have been sent months ago. (This may or may not have happened this morning).

Every morning I study the scriptures for an hour so I will remember what Jesus Christ has done for me. Without this daily ritual I would find my testimony quickly waning.

Why is it important to remember the Lord in all we do? Wise Helaman taught his sons
Remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.
These are your thoughts about remembering the Savior—

  • Patsy: It is those little things that should matter the most, and we should always be grateful for that
  • Elder Pulsipher: When you put the Lord first He puts you first!
  • Marnette: [Remembering] sure helps me through hard times, to know how much He loves me and each of His children. Paying attention to the daily blessings, even during the good times, helps me to focus
  • Tyson: When we forget what the Lord has done for us we become lost. We forget our way. We forget our value and lose true joy

MORE ONLINE
O, Remember, Remember, President Henry B. Eyring
The Sacrament—Remembering the Savior
To Always Remember Him, Elder D. Todd Christofferson

No comments:

Post a Comment