Saturday, May 21, 2011

Scripture Saturday — D&C 25:12

"For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea, the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads." (Doctrine and Covenants 25:12)
Missionaries, members of the Church and visitors in the Franklin, Tennessee area were treated yesterday to the music of the Nashville Tribute Band, a world-class group of musicians featuring star country trio Due West; Diamond Rio keyboardist Dan Truman; singer/actress Katherine Nelson, who portrays Emma Smith in Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration; and guitarist/singer/songwriter Jason Deere.

Jason Deere
As the members of the band shared their powerful testimonies through song, I was immediately reminded of the above scripture in Doctrine and Covenants 25:12. Music expresses emotion and personal testimony in a way words cannot. You'll get a taste of that as you listen to the clips below.

I have a testimony of the gospel, and I have a testimony of music. I'm grateful for the spirit I feel when I listen to uplifting music. I'm grateful for artists like the Nashville Tribute Band who create and promote wholesome music in a world that condones filthy and degrading music. I'm grateful for the Prophet Joseph Smith and for my pioneer ancestors. The Nashville Tribute Band has dedicated albums to both.

EMMA

CANDLES

HE WALKED A MILE IN MY SHOES

No comments:

Post a Comment