Friday, May 20, 2011

A Worldwide, Online Church

Online missionary work is very new to me, as it may be to you. Learning more about the LDS Church and its missionary efforts in all spheres has been fascinating. I've been grateful for the unique opportunity to blog about my missionary experiences, and I hope something I've said has strengthened your testimony or brought you closer to Jesus Christ. That is the goal.


I'm often a little surprised by how up-to-date this Church is—the same Church which promotes timeless values like modesty, morality, frugality and honesty. The world tries to teach us that those values are out-of-date, and many mocklingly label the Church as old-fashioned or out of touch. Values are not out of style, and the Church is anything but old-fashioned.

If you haven't checked out Church websites recently, take the time to do that. I think you'll be impressed by the Church's online presence. May I recommend a few websites?
  • mormon.org
  • lds.org
  • newsroom.lds.org
  • lds.org/church/temples/gallery
  • lds.org/scriptures
What are your thoughts about online missionary work? Is there anything you'd like to see on this blog? Comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment