Wednesday, March 7, 2012

14 - Spring


Spring arrived early in Middle Tennessee, and I'm not complaining. Outside of fall spring is my favorite time of year because the weather is mild and the days are gorgeous. Blossoming trees and flowers, longer days and shorter nights remind of the renewal we may have each day of our lives because of the atonement of Christ.

As I watch the birds fly, listen to the bees buzz, observe the tiny leaves and buds rustle in the gentle breeze, and smell the inviting fragrance of the flowers all around me, I cannot help but think of these words from President Thomas S. Monson, the Lord's prophet on Earth today—

Because [Christ] came to earth, we have a perfect example to follow.
Because He came, there is meaning to our mortal existence.
Because He came, we know how to reach out to those in trouble or distress, wherever they may be.
Because He came, death has lost its sting, the grave its victory. We will live again because He came.
Because He came and paid for our sins, we have the opportunity to gain eternal life.

I'm grateful for these gentle reminders of Christ. I know He lives and loves each one of us more than we can ever know.

And that is something to smile about.

MORE ONLINE
Alma 30:44
Our Savior's Love, Hymns #113
Forget Me Not, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

No comments:

Post a Comment