Wednesday, March 21, 2012

17 - Tennessee


Good weather.
Good food.
Good values.
Good people.

There's a lot to love about Tennessee. And I love it all the more because I was called by a prophet of God to serve here. I have a purpose in being here. My Father in Heaven knew long ago that I would come to this place at this time to inspire and be inspired by the people I meet.

Every day as a missionary is wonderful, but some are just a little less wonderful than others. Understanding my purpose makes gloomy days bright and bright days even brighter.

My purpose is all about people. I love the people of Tennessee, and if I'm ever privileged to serve in Kentucky or Illinois I'll love them, too. 

I've learned so many important life lessons in Tennessee, but the most important thing I've learned is this—everyone I meet is a child of God, and I can learn something from everyone I meet.

MORE ONLINE
Tennessee, mormonnewsroom.org
Norman Tolk, mormon.org
The Divine Call of a Missionary, Elder Ronald A. Rasband

1 comment:

  1. we love, and can love, because He first loved us, and still is. :)

    ReplyDelete