Saturday, April 23, 2011

He Is Risen!

As sure as I know Christ died for me, I know He lives again. He is the way of truth and happiness. He is our best friend and advocate before God.

It is comforting to know that He lives, and that because of His sacrifice resurrection is offered to each of us as a free gift. If we are faithful in keeping the commandments and if we repent of our sins and endure to the end, we are also promised eternal life.

I love my Savior. I am grateful He loved me enough to die for me. I can hardly express my gratitude.

One of the reasons music has been such an important part of my life is because it expresses emotions simple language cannot. I'm going to share with you some wonderful Easter hymns. I hope you'll enjoy them, and I hope we'll all treasure up in our minds Christ's atoning sacrifice; not just now, but throughout our lives. Let us each make an effort to follow Him more faithfully, to love Him more completely, to serve Him more earnestly.

 



(Vitae Lux means "Light of Life" in English. While performed here by the wonderful Sissel with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir at a Christmas concert, it is not strictly a Christmas song.)

No comments:

Post a Comment