Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One Month

Today marks for me one month of missionary service in Tennessee. I've learned a few things in that time:
  • In the South, shopping carts are called 'buggys'
  • 'Y'all' really is a word, and it's actually pretty fun to use
  • Elder Dallof makes the best brownies in the world
  • You haven't seen a rainstorm until you've lived in Tennessee
  • You also haven't seen bugs until you've lived in Tennessee. Every night in our humble little home, we find spiders, centipedes, mosquitoes, flies and even bees on occasion. I have yet to get my first tick, and I'll be just fine if that never happens
One of many wonderful creatures in Tennessee
On a more serious note, I've come to know more fully that my Savior lives and that He loves me and you. I've learned that sacrifice brings blessings and that faith dispels fear. I've learned that we can choose to be humble or God will compel us to be humble. I've learned that the gospel of Jesus Christ is the way of happiness. There is no other way by which we can find joy or be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment