Thursday, June 2, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude

In this age of instant gratification, it's easy to forget that we are blessed. Instead of being content with what we have, we often seem to be wanting more. Instead of looking for opportunities to serve others, we often selfishly ask "What's in it for me?"

Do we remember to express gratitude to God, who has given us everything?
We ought to be grateful for what we have. President Thomas S. Monson admonished us to have an "attitude of gratitude"—

"We can lift ourselves and others as well when we refuse to remain in the realm of negative thought and cultivate within our hearts an attitude of gratitude."

And President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910-2008) said:

“When you walk with gratitude, you do not walk with arrogance and conceit and egotism, you walk with a spirit of thanksgiving that is becoming to you and will bless your lives.”

I'm grateful for many things, but most especially for my wonderful family and friends. They've shaped me into who I am. They've blessed my life tremendously.

I'm grateful for music. Beautiful music has had a profound influence on my life. I feel closer to God when I listen to uplifting music.

I'm grateful for a living prophet, Thomas S. Monson, and for the Book of Mormon and Holy Bible.

And I'm grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ, who suffered for my sins and provided for me a way to return to live with my Father in Heaven.

What are you grateful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment