Thursday, February 9, 2012

1 - Cookies


The only thing better than eating a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie is giving away a warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie. Cookies have the mystical quality of softening hearts, so I take them almost everywhere I go. It's always a treat to see the look of gratitude in people's eyes when I give them a simple plate of what are often overcooked, crusty cookies (I still haven't mastered the technique, but I'm getting there).

When given away with love, a cookie really is more than just a cookie; it's a way of saying, "I care." Though the sacrifice of baking cookies is small and simple, the reward for both the giver and the recipient is great. Many a lifelong friendship began with a plate of chocolate chip cookies.

MORE ONLINE
Have I Done Any Good?, Hymns no. 223
Finding Joy through Loving Service, Elder M. Russell Ballard

1 comment:

  1. You are a very special young man and an exceptional missionary. Thank you for sharing your chocolate chip cookies. Now I want to share some with you and Elder Heath!

    ReplyDelete