Wednesday, February 29, 2012

11 - People


I was taught from a young age to love people, especially those less fortunate than myself. In my younger years I remember my mother taking my siblings and I to a local nursing home several times a month to visit patients who were in need of a friend. I loved and looked forward to those visits.

In high school I worked as a writer and editor at a countywide newspaper, the Sanpete Messenger. My favorite assignment was interviewing war veterans and other elderly people in my community who lived fascinating lives and had wonderful stories to tell. I learned much by sharing in their wisdom, and I'll carry those lessons with me forevermore.

Now, as a missionary, I work every day with people. I love teaching and sharing the gospel with everyone I meet. I love making new friends. I love knowing that everybody I meet is a child of God with the potential to return to live with Him someday. That motivates me to share with them what I know to be true.

Here are some profiles of people I've never met. Just by watching these videos I feel a desire to learn more about them. We're all much more connected with each other in this circle of life than we're prone to think we are, for we are all brothers and sisters—sons and daughters of a living God who loves us all equally and perfectly.

MORE ONLINE
You Matter to Him, President Dieter F. Uchtdorf
Perfect Love Casteth Out Fear, Elder L. Tom Perry
The Essence of Discipleship, Silvia H. Allred

No comments:

Post a Comment