Thursday, February 16, 2012

4 - Snow


A few nights ago I encountered my first snowstorm in Franklin, Tennessee—well, if you could call it a snowstorm. It was hardly even a flurry and it lasted for only a few minutes. But seeing and trying to catch the fluffy flakes on my tongue reminded of the beautiful and often powerful snowstorms we experience in my hometown of Manti, Utah.

I always associate snow with purity. In earlier years I enjoyed waking up to a fresh foot or two of snow. I marveled at the beauty of billions upon billions of snowflakes clustered carefully together, unadulterated for a time by footprints or twigs and protected from the harsh rays of the sun by clouds hanging gently overhead. I often thought then and reflect now on this scripture in Isaiah
Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
It is wonderful to know that all of our sins and mistakes and errors can be blotted out through the divine gift of repentance. What a priceless gift!

MORE ONLINE
Doctrine and Covenants 58:42-43
Atonement, www.mormon.org
The Brilliant Morning of Forgiveness, President Boyd K. Packer
The Divine Gift of Repentance, Elder D. Todd Christofferson 

No comments:

Post a Comment